Free COVID-19 Testing
PLEASE READ BEFORE CALLING
TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR COVID TEST
- When prompted to choose a provider, please select Dr. Elbaridi
- Select Lab Work option ALL COVID-19 related testing: RAPID, PCR, Antibody, etc
- You must choose the Lab Work option in order for the appropriate times to generate time slot
- If no time is available, please leave a request and we will get back to you as soon as possible
WHAT TO BRING TO THE APPOINTMENT
- ID (drivers license, passport, green card, etc)
- Proof of current address
- Insurance card
- If you do not have insurance, you still have to bring ID and proof of address. You will be asked to sign a form stating you do not have insurance.
- NOTE: each year you sign a tax return, you must declare if you had insurance. If you on arrival state you do not have insurance, but actually do, IRS may impose a penalty for taking the test.
IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS
- If you have had any COVID-19 related symptoms in the past 7 days you MUST be tested outside. Please call us when you arrive for a curbside swab.
- If you have symptoms or an active infection, an antibody test is not needed
- We are not a drive-through facility but a legit doctors office.
TESTING COST AND PAYMENT
- US CITIZENS, Green Card, Work and Student Visa holders,
- Exam, RT-PCR test and or Antibody test has no cost-sharing expense, ie it is free with or without insurance.
- NON-US citizens, without a valid work visa, and without a permanent US address are not eligible for free testing.
- The cost of an exam, test and lab results is $200
- If you want to find results in the same hour, a RAPID COVID-19 test can be administered; it is an add-on and you will be charged $100 upfront.
This is not a free test.
- We accept all forms of payment
YOUR COVID TEST RESULTS
- You will receive a phone call, a text message and an email when your test results arrive
- You will be able to log into the same portal you have registered for the test and view results
- The moment you receive a notification, we also get alerted to your results. We have no way to check your results beforehand, therefore calling to obtain results will not be helpful. Just please be patient, our staff is awesome. Don’t be Karen or Bob!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET RESULTS?
- RT-PCR (the real deal)
- Approximately 48-72 hrs from the time of your test
- Coming soon: As of mid October (date to be announced soon) we will be able to offer RT-PCR results within 24 hrs from the time you get tested. SAME DAY TESTING = 24 hr RESULTS
- Rapid Test
- While you wait, step outside (we like to keep social distance thing going) grab a tree or a wall outside our office and chill for 20 minutes.
WHAT DO RESULTS MEAN?
- IgG = antibody; if you have this resulted as positive – you are a COVID-19 survivor. Make a T-shirt, tell your friends and plan to run your next Marathon. You can also sell your plasma for a lot of money. There is no need to panic! If you ever get vaccinated, and get tested for antibodies, this will be the result. So technically if you have positive IgG, that means you survived covid, (and you got non Russian made vaccine)
- IgM = something is cooking in your serum. You are actively in the process of developing immune response, this is a short lived positive test. It usually disappears in 10 days
- SarsCOV-2 = Covid-19 infection
- All results are measured against a reference. In your results you will see a reference column and it states “negative”; that is a benchmark, look at the results column – it will state “positive” or “negative”.
- That is the interpretation for all tests.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET TESTED?
- Testing is perpetual; a test result is only as good as your last un-thoughtful interaction
- Testing for an infection, in the time we do not have a clear understanding if antibodies are protective or if vaccine was near – means – test as often as you need to.
- But most importantly PREVENTION is the key:
- Social distance, wear a mask and wash your hands
SO I SURVIVED COVID, SHOULD I STILL GET TESTED?
- Basically, even if you have antibodies you can still get reinfected and pass it onto others.
- Social distance, wear a mask and wash your hands
- Don’t be Karen or Bob! We are all in this together.
CHECK OUT OUR GOOGLE REVIEWS
“First visit went great. He gave me a lot of information about my treatment options. I am looking forward to working with him for my pain management.”
“I absolutely loved my visit with the doctor. I left feeling comfortable and at ease. His bedside manner was great, and he gave me hope that I can possibly live a pain free life.”
“First visit went well. I was very impressed with how the doctor addressed my other medical issues (gout), and referred me to another physician. I have been to many doctors, and no one has done that.”
“Doctor was excellent! I feel great, and can’t wait to see him again for my other pain issues.”
“First visit went good. He explained everything in detail. He is a very good doctor.”
“Had a great visit with the doctor. He was very easy to talk to and informative.”
Book your Appointment in
- South Loop
- Lincoln Park
- Oak Park
Phone: (312) 414-1088
Fax: (855) 343-3420